Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Stitch Fix #3 (Notice I'm missing #2?)

I'm sorry blog. I severely neglect you. 

It's Stitch Fix time ya'll!

So, if you notice.. my #2 Stitch Fix is not posted. It's MIA. Gone. Lost. We don't know what happened to it. At 12:07 one day last week, it was on my doorstep (we think). When I got home from work, it was no longer there. We don't know where my little box of joy went, but THAT'S OKAY. Stitch Fix's amazing customer service came to the rescue. They scheduled me for a new Fix, ASAP, and it was on my doorstep today (I left at lunch to go pick it up, just to be sure). My personal stylist, Yanting, did everything she could to even keep the same items in this box. There was only one she couldn't replace. How great is that?!

Here we go! Isn't it pretty?



Item #1: Garland Geo Print Maxi Skirt $58 - This skirt was very cute. I love maxi skirts and dresses and my stylist took note (throughout the whole Fix) that I am really into patterns right now. The colors were great and so was the pattern, but it was just a tad too small/clingy. I felt like I could find something in the store similar, for cheaper. It was a pass.


Item #2 - Lyra 3/4 Sleeve Jersey Mini Chevron Tunic Dress $58 - When I first saw this dress, I didn't just dislike it... I HATED it. The color reminded me of Halloween. The material was a possible problem. I just wasn't feeling it. Even after putting it on, I didn't care for it that much. THEN I added some extras (something Stitch Fix highly encourages!). I first added my Ada Wrap belt. It made it slightly more fitted which I really liked. Then I tried it with boots (I'm really trying to think fall with my purchases). It was a hit! I instantly loved it. She is now a keeper.




Item #3 - Priya Graphic Chevron Print Mixed Material Tank $54 - I really liked this, but again the colors just didn't quite it the mark. It was very cute and fit just right, but knowing I was going to get the chevron dress, I just couldn't do both. I thought it was a little pricey for what it was. I would rather spend a little extra on a nice dress or fancy blouse.


Item #4 Hilly Crochet Detail Chevron Print Tank $44 - Although the price was more my speed, this top was a no-go. I didn't like the colors or the crochet. I didn't like how the tank came on the shoulders so that your bra straps are oddly exposed. This was a pass.


Item #5 Mariena Abstract Print Tab Sleeve Blouse $48 - Again this price was a little better, but the print on this was just awful. It was green mixed with cream and kind of a salmon/peach color. It kind of reminded me of throw up. The fit was good and I really like shirts of this style! This one was just not it.


So, again I only kept one item out of five, but does that mean I give up hope?! No way! I give detailed feedback of each and every item when I check out (this is where you tell them what you are buying and sending back). They ask specific questions like if the item was too small/too big/just right or how you liked the style. I also adjust my style profile to try to make it exactly ME! One thing I learned from my first Fix is that you can even link your account to a Pinterest board - your stylist will take a look at your "clothing" board when putting together your box! Sending back items is SO simple. They just plop into the pre-paid bag that they give you, and it will be in my mailbox in the morning! 

Click on the picture below if you'd like to try Stitch Fix! This link goes to my referral code, so I will get a credit when your first fix ships. :) 

Just try it out for one month, why not?!





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment