Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pinspired Thursday - Linky Party!

I'm teaming up with the lovely Just A Primary Girl's blog for this Thursday's Pinspired linky party! Can I brag, I prepared myself for this one!? Here we go!


This one is from a delish recipe I've had pinned for a while, Queso Taco Pasta Bake. Now, if anyone knows me, they know that I secretly wish I was an old Hispanic woman in Mexico that could whip up dishes like tamales and enchiladas in a snap. Unfortunately, I'm not. My obsession with Mexican food drives my husband batty, but I just can't get enough! 

Queso Taco Pasta Bake!  Great weeknight dinner with a homemade queso sauce!

Can I get an amen?!

I started by making my cheese sauce. This required butter, flour, LOTS of cheddar cheese, chicken stock and salsa (Herdez salsa is the best!). Ooey, gooey deliciousness. 


Next, I sauteed my onions for about 5 minutes and then added the garlic, ground beef and seasonings.


I also got the pasta cooking around this time. I love the fun tri-colored pasta, and I think they add great extra flavor!


Once everything is done, you combine it together (the beef mixture, pasta and gorgeous queso sauce) in a large baking dish. The recipe said to top with more cheese (yum!) and I also added some panko bread crumbs for extra crunch! Here's a before and after from the oven!


The boys approved. And so did I!


The queso sauce was devine, and the crispy crunchy addition of the panko made it PERFECT! It was so good, and make for even better leftovers the next day. The recipe is here.

Do you have a food obsession like I do?! Try out this recipe and tell me what you think! :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I am also a big Mexican food fan! I literally teach in Little Mexico here in Vegas, so I have lots of good places to eat. But the best is a lot of my students moms will bring me food too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Can I just say that your post made me sooo hungray!!! Must try this recipe I love pasta and Mexican food. :D

    ReplyDelete