Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Let's Talk About Books - Linky Party!

Hey ya'll! 

So, I think (hope!) things are finally starting to settle down around here and I am able to create/blog/think about my internet life! We have been working day and night on random home projects and are very happy with the results! Here's a few of the DIYs and home improvements we've tackled:


From left to right: 
Our TV mount - When we bought our house, it had a TV niche above the fireplace. Our 60" TV wouldn't fit! So, hubby had to rig together a masterpiece. We took 2x6s and anchored a TV mount onto that to put the it on. It hasn't fallen down yet! *crosses fingers*
Our new faucet - I'm in LOVE! Not that our old one was bad or anything, but we wanted a nice, updated one with a on-faucet sprayer.
A shower door - We worked ALL Sunday afternoon on this beast, but it looks great! 
Our new bedroom set! - The hubby (aka Frugal McFrugal) wouldn't dare pay to have the furniture delivered and put together for us, so we had to build it! Most of it was very easy and only the bed was what really had to be put together. It is from Ashley Furniture and we got a killer deal from their Memorial Day sale!

But enough of boring home improvements... Here's a linky party! This one comes from Mrs. Jump's Class. I orginally saw it via Teaching with Crayons and Curls' instagram!


We're talking about some of our favorite read alouds! I don't know about ya'll, but in our school district, read alouds were ground into our brains. Picking books came naturally to me and I have SO many favorites it's hard to pick one, but I'm going to pick a new one I just found. You know I am one of the biggest animal lovers you'll ever meet, so of course my favorite books have some sort of animal theme.


This book is about a little dog who loves his fancy shoes but soon discovers that these fancy shoes don't let him do is daily doggy tasks like digging and running! All of the different shoes he tries - from flippers to high heels - don't help him! Soon he discovers that the perfect shoes are ones he already has. :)

So cute, no?! Click on the picture to find it on Amazon!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the shout-out! This books looks too cute! I am a dog lover AND a shoe lover- so it has to be perfect!!!
    Chandra
    Teaching with Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this book at the Scholastic Warehouse sale but I haven't read it yet. I can't wait to get back in my classroom, dig up this book, and read it!
    Susan
    Mrs. Dow's little Owls' Nest

    ReplyDelete
  3. With so many options in desk mount, it is important you determine your requirements first before making any choice.

    Tv Mount
    Tv Mounts
    Tv Wall Mounts

    ReplyDelete