Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My FIRST blog post!

Hello! Welcome! Bienvenidos!
My name is Molly and I'm a new blogger! 

Can I just start by saying, blog slightly scares the you-know-what out of me? I still really have no idea what I'm doing. I type here, I put pictures there... That's all I know! I am still working on getting into this blogging community (I think that's the part that confuses me the most), although I do have to give a HUGE shout out to these fine folks for e-mailing me after my Instagram post!

 

Do you love my design or WHAT?! I am in love. I discovered Courtney and her blog design website, Blogs Fit for a Queen, via a TpT Forum post and my journey took off from there. I originally just asked Courtney to make me a TpT Profile Picture and banner for my store. After getting many compliments and my insatiable desire to look at my TpT store solely to look at my cute new design, I decided I want to make the plunge for a blog. Courtney was a joy to work with. She was professional and prompt! I had my blog design in less than a week.

As a teacher (surely many of you fit into my shoes), my funds are limited. By limited, I mean my husband (a.k.a. Frugal McFrugal) has a strict rope around any and all finances. I just couldn't see shelling out $100+ for a blog design. I couldn't let myself do that.

GO CHECK COURTNEY OUT!!


Now, I am not going to go into all about who I am; you can read that in the about me. But, for those in a hurry or if you just don't care THAT much.. I'm a 23 year old first year teacher. I currently live in Tulsa, Oklahoma, but my family is from Northwest Arkansas. I am brutally honest and extremely organized. My husband and I have been married for almost two years and we have three fur babies, Koda the Pomeranian, Loki the Great Dane, and Mister Kitty (you guessed it, the cat). Here we are:


Lovely, aren't we?

My husband got a new job a the beginning of April in Arkansas and moved in with my parents (the IN-LAWS!) then. I am stuck in Tulsa until the end of the school year. We are buying our first house and we close at the end of May! 

Well, I think this is all I can pack into a blog post for tonight. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but don't forget about that lovely TpT sale going on for the next two days! Click below to see my TpT store, currently 20% on top of the sale TpT gives you!



Please don't forget to follow my blog (however the heck you do that?!), follow my store, and take a look at Instagram and Pinterest while you're at it!

#amidoingthisright?

Have a great night ya'll!


post signature

11 comments:

  1. You're blog design looks great! Welcome to the blog world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wonderful! I love following you on Instagram (Loki makes mesmile everytime! ) and am so happy you are jumping into blogging! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world! I follow you on IG so I looked up your new cute blog. I LOVE it!! I am in need of a blog makeover! I will definitely check with your developer!
    Mrs.Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! I've been doing this for years and still feel clueless! LOL! Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogging world!! You are 1 step ahead of me and figured out how to use my button!!!!
    Your fur babies are adorable. I know how it is to be separated from your hubby. When we were moving to Texas back in 2006 my husband came down here for 3 months before me and my boys could move down. At least it is almost over!! Good luck with the move and the new house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha my fur babies are a piece of work, let me tell you! But I love them and I love showing them off, even if the house gets a little crazy sometimes.

      Thanks for everything and all of the advice! :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your first blog post! You are so brave to enter the blogging world during your first year. I too am a first year teacher in K and have thought about it but to tell you the truth the idea scares me. I am just down the turnpike from you (OKC). I am excited to follow someone else who is on a similar journey. I wish you much luck and success!! CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yolundia! Ha, I do consider myself brave.. but a lost brave at that. I still am not sure what I'm doing!

      That's great to hear you're right down the road from me! I have never actually been to OKC. My husband and I are actually in the process of moving to Northwest Arkansas, so I won't be an Oklahoman for too much longer.

      Thanks for the follow! :)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good so far! I am so glad to see someone else who is starting this blogging adventure (it is terrifying isn't it!?). I do have a question for ya! How are you getting people to your page/to follow you? I haven't gotten that far yet! Keep up the good work!

    Tasha
    Confessions of a Tiny Teacher

    P.S. Sorry to delete previous post. It had a typo and was going to drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't see spending 100+ dollars on a blog design either, I'm definitely going to check out Courtney.

    ReplyDelete